Thursday, February 18, 2016

Reflecting

Whats up again guys,


It's been a little over 2 months since we got back and the memories are still fresh in my mind. I can't even tell you how badly I would like to go back someday! I haven't done a great job of staying in touch with everyone from the trip, but I think I speak for everyone when I say that we have plenty of memories to share from the trip already.
Coming back to the United States and having to deal with government programs such as the DMV and etc. has shown just how much the Japanese government really cared when they began their JICE program. They were so organized with everything about the program it makes me want to fix issues that reside with a lot of the programs here in the states - but the number one thing I noticed here was the lack of passion in comparison to the Japanese program.
The Japanese showed me just how far a little passion could take something, and now when I think of the Japanese government and other programs, it's nothing but good thoughts from me.

I believe in the first blog I mentioned how everyone should get a chance to experience what I did, but the truth is that this was a once a lifetime opportunity, and at the moment I'm remembering how I was chosen out of a selection of hundreds of students. I am absolutely grateful that I was selected, but now all i want to do is help others get the opportunity to experience what I did! I've been thinking of ways to make travel a much more feasible thing to do financial for students, currently still in the works but hopefully sometime in the future, a reasonable idea financially, will come to fruition.

Again, I'm thankful for everything the program gave to me - the experience, the education, EVERYTHING. I was absolutely nervous going into it, but there is not one thing I regret about the decision to go.

Matt Gunter

No comments:

Post a Comment