Monday, February 22, 2016

Dear Nagano

First off I would like to say that you are beautiful, a snowy paradise that makes me feel like I have just stepped into Narnia. The honest truth is that I couldn't get over the snow, being a "Hawaii kid" it is only on rare occasion that I get to see snow so thanks for that. Being able to wake up and see this blanket of pure white made me feel like I was in another world. So calm peaceful and serene, Hakuba sure is a unique place.

Secondly your residents were some of the kindest people I have met in my entire life, so welcoming and so wonderful. Especially my host family, although my Japanese is terrible and I could barely say a word to them. You could feel their warmth and joy to share not only their meals with us but their culture. My fondest memory is chilling with our host mom and she fitted us in traditional kimonos. The fact that she took the time to do this warms my heart. These people will stay with me for as long as I live.




Finally I would like to talk about your historical beauty, the Zenkoji temple is breathtakingly beautiful. Getting to see this site that is so rich in its history and cultural practices was a true blessing. I can'tell even begin to describe how enlightening it was for me just to feel the atmosphere of this place.
Nagano, I will never forget you. I am speaking into existence that I will visit you again. I will bring my family and friends to experience all your beauty and your history.
With much love,
Jamie 
(A very grateful student)

No comments:

Post a Comment